Cadet Coaching days offer FREE informal sessions run by a team of instructors.
- Sailors are grouped based on ability and we take them through various coaching exercises afloat, depending on the weather conditions, so that they can practice and improve. We begin the day with a briefing then normally go afloat before the racing fleet; a break for lunch, more sailing and racing in the afternoon; then we finish, often with a BBQ ashore for all (bring supplies)! Beginners will normally be introduced to the day with skills exercises and some fun; racing groups will do more advanced racing drills and training. All of them tend to get wet!
- Most of our young sailors are in Optimists or Toppers. If you don’t have your own boat don’t worry, you can use club boats free of charge on coaching days. By using Optimists and Toppers sailors are all in similar boats which helps them learn and it also helps us to coach!
- If you’d like to borrow a boat, p[lease contact Charlotte in advances she’s able to allocate boats
- Sessions start at 10:00am and the sailors will need to be rigged, changed and ready to go out sailing after their briefing. We break for lunch and finish the day at 16:00 (packed up and boats put away).
- No need to book, but if you can let us know by email if you’re attending it will help us to plan the days. We will have a registration form to fill out on your first session of the year.
- Make sure you’re on our email list to receive reminders!